MEET OUR TEAM
Our Professional Team Members
Registered Physiotherapist, Owner
- Owner of Pickering Sports Medicine & Wellness Centre since 2001
- Graduate of University of Toronto
- Registered Physiotherapist for over 40 years
- Owner of Integrated Rehab Professional since 1997 (Community agency PT, OT, SW disciplines)
- Prior Owner and operator of two other clinics in Pickering and Ajax
- Clinical Physiotherapy for patients for 30 years
- Advocate for professional clinical care of patients
- Advocate for training and education for therapists who work in both clinic and community agency to promote best practices.
- Registered Physiotherapist with 30 years experience working in hospitals, outpatient clinics and community rehabilitation.
- McGill University graduate, recipient of the Canadian Physiotherapy Book Award for highest academic standing.
- Supervisory rehabilitation consultant and clinical educator (experienced guest lecturer and previous college professor, health sciences)
- Extensive experience working with individual with limb loss, brain injury and spinal cord injury.
- Integrates outcome measurement in to all aspects of clinical practice.
- Committed to ongoing education, professional development and clinical best practices.
BScPT – Registered Physiotherapist
- Registered Physiotherapist for 13 years
- Certified in Concussion Treatment/Baseline testing with CCMI
- Has experience treating variety of conditions/injuries including sports related sprains/strains, fractures, post-surgical rehabilitation as well as orthopedic conditions.
- Uses manual therapy, exercise prescription, taping techniques, acupuncture/cupping and electro-modalities to enhance treatments
- Committed to continuing education and enhancing practice techniques with evidence based manual therapy techniques
MPT, BScPT - Registered Physiotherapist
- Niketa started her journey of physiotherapy in India where she practiced for seven years in out patient clinics and hospital settings. She is a certified Mulligan Therapy Practitioner since 2009.
- She has experience in treating individuals of all ages and all orthopaedic, cardio-respiratory, geriatrics, sports and neurological conditions.Uses manual therapy, exercise prescription to maximize the patients function and optimize their quality of life.
- Niketa enjoys assisting patients return to full participation in their regular activities and pre-injury level of function.
Masters of Science in MSK PT, Bachelor of PT, Registered Physiotherapist
- Ankita has completed her Bachelor of Physiotherapy from India and Masters of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy from the United Kingdom. She also has successfully completed her Ontario International Educated Physiotherapist’s Bridging Program from the University of Toronto.
- She is an experienced physiotherapist who enjoys treating a wide variety of orthopaedic conditions. She believes that a combination of hands-on therapy, individualized exercises and providing patients with knowledge to promote their own recovery is the key for success.
- Outside of work, Anita enjoys spending time with her family and learning new activities.
BPHE, Registered Kinesiologist
- Graduate of the University of Toronto’s Bachelor of Physical Health and Education
- Registered Kinesiologist for 2 years
- Kinesio Taping Canada (KT1 and KT2) Trained Health Professional
- Has experience working with individuals of all abilities, families, caregivers and healthcare professionals to apply the principles of biomechanics, anatomy and physiology
- Devoted to continuing education and enhancing human performance through the application of the latest evidence-based research on human movement
- Committed to enhancing quality of life through the promotion of physical activity and workplace health safety, the prevention and management of injury, chronic disease and disability, and overall improvement of health and performance
- Graduate of the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) with a Bachelor of health Science (Honours) degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science
- Previous experience includes work as a student athletic therapist for UOIT’s Women’s Soccer team and Durham College’s Women’s Basketball team
- Currently leads Falls Prevention classes in Pickering and Uxbridge
- Continues to upgrade with various continuing education courses in areas regarding human anatomy, sports medicine and nutrition.
- K-Taping International Academy Trained K-Taping therapist
- Certificate of Completion: An impairment-Based Approach to Concussion Assessment & Rehab .
- Has a personal interest in women’s soccer.
- Graduated with Highest Distinction from the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) with a Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- Advanced Medical First Responder I – CPR Level HCP
- Previous experience includes: Teaching Assistant for UOIT’s Sports Injury Management course, Student Athletic Therapist for UOIT’s Men’s Soccer program, Volunteer at the Uxbridge Physiotherapy clinic
- Currently helps run Pole Walking Fitness sessions with physiotherapy patients in Uxbridge, ON
- Has studied exercise physiology and exercise rehabilitation, and has developed a thorough understanding of human biomechanics and exercise prescription for all ages and ability levels
- Dedicated to supporting the health and wellbeing of all patients
- Encourages and promotes client education on exercise as a means of maximizing health and wellbeing
We also have a Registered Dietitian, Sandra Edwards and a Registered Social Worker,
Anita Kiers who assess and treat our patients in the clinic upon request
CMTO, CTCMPAO, Registered Massage Therapist, Registered Acupuncturist
- Urva graduated from a three year college program and was registered in 2013.
- Uses Swedish techniques as a basis for each treatment whether it be relaxation, pain management or rehabilitation including sports related sprains/strains, cupping acupuncture, manual lymphatic drainage technique, pregnancy massage.
- Committed to continuing education and enhancing her practice with a variety of diverse treatment modalities.
Registered Massage Therapist
- Graduated from ICT Northumberland College with Honours
- Worked as RMT at Pickering Sports Medicine for over a decade
- Special courses in Sports Massage and Pregnancy massage
- Deep Tissue or Swedish Relaxation Techniques
- Continual study to improve critical thinking skills
- Ongoing study in recent relevant medical advances
- CPR and First Aid Instructor
Our Adminstrative Team Members
- Shawnalee is the backbone of our administrative team. She manages and coordinates all of the team’s schedules and completes all billing for the clinic and keeps all staff working in a coordinated fashion.
- She has a wealth of knowledge and is on top of the efficient running of the clinic.
- Shawnalee can assist you to find the answers to any aspect of your care.
Administrator and Personal Trainer
- Tammy is the first pleasant connection to all aspects of our clinic – especially scheduling appointments and answering patient questions. Our administrative team strives to give great customer service to our patients.
- She works tirelessly to be certain that our patients are satisfied with their experience in our clinic.
- Tammy is a certified personal trainer and can assist our therapists when needed.