MEET OUR TEAM
Our Professional Team Members
Registered Physiotherapist, Owner
- Owner of Pickering Sports Medicine & Wellness Centre since 2001
- Graduate of University of Toronto
- Registered Physiotherapist for over 40 years
- Owner of Integrated Rehab Professional since 1997 (Community agency PT, OT, SW disciplines)
- Prior Owner and operator of two other clinics in Pickering and Ajax
- Clinical Physiotherapy for patients for 30 years
- Advocate for professional clinical care of patients
- Advocate for training and education for therapists who work in both clinic and community agency to promote best practices.
- Registered Physiotherapist with 30 years experience working in hospitals, outpatient clinics and community rehabilitation.
- McGill University graduate, recipient of the Canadian Physiotherapy Book Award for highest academic standing.
- Supervisory rehabilitation consultant and clinical educator (experienced guest lecturer and previous college professor, health sciences)
- Extensive experience working with individual with limb loss, brain injury and spinal cord injury.
- Integrates outcome measurement in to all aspects of clinical practice.
- Committed to ongoing education, professional development and clinical best practices.
BScPT – Registered Physiotherapist
- Registered Physiotherapist for 13 years
- Certified in Concussion Treatment/Baseline testing with CCMI
- Has experience treating variety of conditions/injuries including sports related sprains/strains, fractures, post-surgical rehabilitation as well as orthopedic conditions.
- Uses manual therapy, exercise prescription, taping techniques, acupuncture/cupping and electro-modalities to enhance treatments
- Committed to continuing education and enhancing practice techniques with evidence based manual therapy techniques
MPT, BScPT - Registered Physiotherapist
- Niketa started her journey of physiotherapy in India where she practiced for seven years in out patient clinics and hospital settings. She is a certified Mulligan Therapy Practitioner since 2009.
- She has experience in treating individuals of all ages and all orthopaedic, cardio-respiratory, geriatrics, sports and neurological conditions.Uses manual therapy, exercise prescription to maximize the patients function and optimize their quality of life.
- Niketa enjoys assisting patients return to full participation in their regular activities and pre-injury level of function.
Mona Nagpal, Resident Physiotherapist
- Mona is a Resident Physiotherapist and she started her physiotherapy journey in India where she practiced in ICU, wards and clinic based settings.
- She has experience of treating individuals of all age groups and of various systems including orthopedics, cardio respiratory, geriatrics and sports medicine.
- Mona has a keen interest in sports, fitness, Rehabilitation and women’s health.
- Mona loves to spend time with her family and her hobby is to dance and sketch.
M.T. Luc Charpentier
- Registered Kinesiologist and graduate of the University of Toronto with an undergraduate degree in Physical & Health Education
- Has been in clinical practice for over 12 years in a range of physical rehabilitation settings including cardiac, respiratory, neurological and orthopaedic clinics
- Committed to ongoing professional development of theoretical and applied clinical skills, with specific interest in spine bio-mechanics, concussion management, injury & falls prevention
- To use my skills as a leader, health advocate, physical educator, and clinician for service to my community
- Enjoys all sports and recreational activities – especially those involving water, ice, snow and a bike
Anushree Shirke, Physiotherapy Assistant
- Completed Bachelor of Physiotherapy from India and Graduated from Durham College with a Fitness and Health Promotion (Honours) program
- Worked in a multi-speciality hospital in India where she has gained experience in treating patients with Orthopedic and Neurological conditions
- Strives to incorporate the importance of the overall well-being of an individual in her practice which includes not only just the Physical-Self but also Social, Environmental, and Psychological factors
- Has an interest in Biomechanics and Kinetic control Movement Therapy
- Enjoys activities like badminton, swimming and ice-skating
CMTO, CTCMPAO, Registered Massage Therapist, Registered Acupuncturist
- Urva graduated from a three year college program and was registered in 2013.
- Uses Swedish techniques as a basis for each treatment whether it be relaxation, pain management or rehabilitation including sports related sprains/strains, cupping acupuncture, manual lymphatic drainage technique, pregnancy massage.
- Committed to continuing education and enhancing her practice with a variety of diverse treatment modalities.
Registered Massage Therapist
- Graduated from ICT Northumberland College with Honours
- Worked as RMT at Pickering Sports Medicine for over a decade
- Special courses in Sports Massage and Pregnancy massage
- Deep Tissue or Swedish Relaxation Techniques
- Continual study to improve critical thinking skills
- Ongoing study in recent relevant medical advances
- CPR and First Aid Instructor
We also have a Registered Dietitian and a Registered Social Worker,
who assess and treat our patients in the clinic upon request
Our Adminstrative Team Members
- Shawnalee is the backbone of our administrative team. She manages and coordinates all of the team’s schedules and completes all billing for the clinic and keeps all staff working in a coordinated fashion.
- She has a wealth of knowledge and is on top of the efficient running of the clinic.
- Shawnalee can assist you to find the answers to any aspect of your care.
Administrator and Personal Trainer
- Tammy is the first pleasant connection to all aspects of our clinic – especially scheduling appointments and answering patient questions. Our administrative team strives to give great customer service to our patients.
- She works tirelessly to be certain that our patients are satisfied with their experience in our clinic.
- Tammy is a certified personal trainer and can assist our therapists when needed.