MEET OUR TEAM
Our Professional Team Members
Registered Physiotherapist, Owner
- Owner of Pickering Sports Medicine & Wellness Centre since 2001
- Graduate of University of Toronto
- Registered Physiotherapist for over 40 years
- Owner of Integrated Rehab Professional since 1997 (Community agency PT, OT, SW disciplines)
- Prior Owner and operator of two other clinics in Pickering and Ajax
- Clinical Physiotherapy for patients for 30 years
- Advocate for professional clinical care of patients
- Advocate for training and education for therapists who work in both clinic and community agency to promote best practices.
- Registered Physiotherapist with 30 years experience working in hospitals, outpatient clinics and community rehabilitation.
- McGill University graduate, recipient of the Canadian Physiotherapy Book Award for highest academic standing.
- Supervisory rehabilitation consultant and clinical educator (experienced guest lecturer and previous college professor, health sciences)
- Extensive experience working with individual with limb loss, brain injury and spinal cord injury.
- Integrates outcome measurement in to all aspects of clinical practice.
- Committed to ongoing education, professional development and clinical best practices.
BScPT – Registered Physiotherapist
- Registered Physiotherapist for 13 years
- Certified in Concussion Treatment/Baseline testing with CCMI
- Has experience treating variety of conditions/injuries including sports related sprains/strains, fractures, post-surgical rehabilitation as well as orthopedic conditions.
- Uses manual therapy, exercise prescription, taping techniques, acupuncture/cupping and electro-modalities to enhance treatments
- Committed to continuing education and enhancing practice techniques with evidence based manual therapy techniques
MScPT, BScKin.Honours – Registered Physiotherapist
- Graduate of the University of Toronto’s Master of Science in Physical Therapy
- Registered Physiotherapist for 3 years
- Previously attended York University, attained bachelor’s degree with honours in Kinesiology
- Certified in Concussion treatment/Baseline testing with CCMI
- Experience treating a variety of Orthopedic Conditions, sports related injuries, post-surgical rehabilitation
- Uses manual therapy, exercise prescription and orthopedic taping to maximize patient recovery
- Committed to continuing education in evidence based manual therapy.
- In good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
MPT, BSc. Kin. Honours - Registered Physiotherapist
- Registered Physiotherapist for 10 years
- Certified in Concussion Treatment/Baseline testing CCMI
- Experienced in treating a variety of orthopedic conditions, including sports injuries, injuries from motor vehicle accidents, post -surgical rehabilitation,
- Uses manual treatments, evidence based rehab treatments, active therapy, electro modalities and patient education to enhance recovery
- Committed to continuing education in evidence based manual therapy
- Member in good standing with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Recently a successful candidate in passing all facets of the National Certification in Physiotherapy.
- Certified in concussion Treatment / baseline testing with CCMI
- Has experience in treating individuals of all ages and helped patients suffering from wide range of ailments including acute, chronic pain, sports injuries Post –Traumatic, Post-Surgical rehabilitation.
- Uses manual therapy, exercise prescription to maximize the patients function and optimize their quality of life.
- Enjoys assisting patients return to full participation in their regular activities and pre injury level.
BPHE, Registered Kinesiologist
- Graduate of the University of Toronto’s Bachelor of Physical Health and Education
- Registered Kinesiologist for 2 years
- Kinesio Taping Canada (KT1 and KT2) Trained Health Professional
- Has experience working with individuals of all abilities, families, caregivers and healthcare professionals to apply the principles of biomechanics, anatomy and physiology
- Devoted to continuing education and enhancing human performance through the application of the latest evidence-based research on human movement
- Committed to enhancing quality of life through the promotion of physical activity and workplace health safety, the prevention and management of injury, chronic disease and disability, and overall improvement of health and performance
- Graduated with Highest Distinction from the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) with a Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- Advanced Medical First Responder I – CPR Level HCP
- Previous experience includes: Teaching Assistant for UOIT’s Sports Injury Management course, Student Athletic Therapist for UOIT’s Men’s Soccer program, Volunteer at the Uxbridge Physiotherapy clinic
- Currently helps run Pole Walking Fitness sessions with physiotherapy patients in Uxbridge, ON
- Has studied exercise physiology and exercise rehabilitation, and has developed a thorough understanding of human biomechanics and exercise prescription for all ages and ability levels
- Dedicated to supporting the health and wellbeing of all patients
- Encourages and promotes client education on exercise as a means of maximizing health and wellbeing
- Gabrielle is a UOIT graduate with a B.HSc. Kinesiology with Exercise Science Specialization,
- Registered with the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario.
- She is a member of the 2016-17 Toronto Marlies Promotional Ice Crew; providing on ice support to the AHL team.
- Gabrielle is certified in First Aid, CPR and AED. She is interested in paediatric rehabilitation and sports medicine.
We also have a Registered Dietitian, Sandra Edwards and a Registered Social Worker,
Anita Kiers who assess and treat our patients in the clinic upon request
CMTO, CTCMPAO, Registered Massage Therapist, Registered Acupuncturist
- Urva graduated from a three year college program and was registered in 2013.
- Uses Swedish techniques as a basis for each treatment whether it be relaxation, pain management or rehabilitation including sports related sprains/strains, cupping acupuncture, manual lymphatic drainage technique, pregnancy massage.
- Committed to continuing education and enhancing her practice with a variety of diverse treatment modalities.
Registered Massage Therapist
- Graduated from ICT Northumberland College with Honours
- Worked as RMT at Pickering Sports Medicine for over a decade
- Special courses in Sports Massage and Pregnancy massage
- Deep Tissue or Swedish Relaxation Techniques
- Continual study to improve critical thinking skills
- Ongoing study in recent relevant medical advances
- CPR and First Aid Instructor
Our Adminstrative Team Members
Shawnalee Moores and Patricia Stavropoulos
- Our administrative team strives to give great customer service to our patients.
- Both ladies have a wealth of knowledge and experience in operating the administrative billing and the reception area booking of patients in our busy clinic.
- They work tirelessly to be certain that our patients are satisfied with their experience in our clinic.