Our Professional Team Members
Registered Physiotherapist, Owner
- Owner of Pickering Sports Medicine & Wellness Centre since 2001
- Graduate of University of Toronto
- Registered Physiotherapist for over 40 years
- Owner of Integrated Rehab Professional since 1997 (Community agency PT, OT, SW disciplines)
- Prior Owner and operator of two other clinics in Pickering and Ajax
- Clinical Physiotherapy for patients for 30 years
- Advocate for professional clinical care of patients
- Advocate for training and education for therapists who work in both clinic and community agency to promote best practices.
- Registered Physiotherapist with 30 years experience working in hospitals, outpatient clinics and community rehabilitation.
- McGill University graduate, recipient of the Canadian Physiotherapy Book Award for highest academic standing.
- Supervisory rehabilitation consultant and clinical educator (experienced guest lecturer and previous college professor, health sciences)
- Extensive experience working with individual with limb loss, brain injury and spinal cord injury.
- Integrates outcome measurement in to all aspects of clinical practice.
- Committed to ongoing education, professional development and clinical best practices.
BScPT – Registered Physiotherapist
- Registered Physiotherapist for 13 years
- Certified in Concussion Treatment/Baseline testing with CCMI
- Has experience treating variety of conditions/injuries including sports related sprains/strains, fractures, post-surgical rehabilitation as well as orthopedic conditions.
- Uses manual therapy, exercise prescription, taping techniques, acupuncture/cupping and electro-modalities to enhance treatments
- Committed to continuing education and enhancing practice techniques with evidence based manual therapy techniques
MPT, BScPT - Registered Physiotherapist
- Niketa started her journey of physiotherapy in India where she practiced for seven years in out patient clinics and hospital settings. She is a certified Mulligan Therapy Practitioner since 2009.
- She has experience in treating individuals of all ages and all orthopaedic, cardio-respiratory, geriatrics, sports and neurological conditions.Uses manual therapy, exercise prescription to maximize the patients function and optimize their quality of life.
- Niketa enjoys assisting patients return to full participation in their regular activities and pre-injury level of function.
I am a Resident Physiotherapist born and raised in India, where I earned distinction in physiotherapy degree in 2016. I moved to Canada in 2018 and graduated from Fitness and Health Promotion in 2020 from Durham college with President Honours roll.
Worked in variety of settings, including hospitals, post-orthopaedic surgeries, musculoskeletal injuries.
I believe in helping the clients to improve their quality of life and have an positive impact on their overall health. Outside work, I like to spend time with my family and friends.
Gregory Completed a Bachelor of science (Honours) at Ontario Tech University and a Diploma for Physio/Occupational therapy assistant at Durham College.
Has experience working in a hospital setting and a clinic which specializes in neurological conditions.
Always looking for chances to learn new things to help provide the best care possible for patients
Loves physical activities such as exercising at the gym, obstacle course races, playing sports ( soccer, volleyball) but also enjoys drawing, reading/audiobooks and playing video games.
Amrit Preet Kaur
- Completed Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2019 in India and worked there in a private clinic setting for 2 years
- Graduated from Fitness and Health Promotion program at Durham College, Oshawa in August 2022
- Looking forward to completing the process of Physiotherapy licensing in Canada
- Loves to be involved with the patients so that they receive the best care
- Enjoys spending quality time with family and friends and listening to music
I am very hardworking and I enjoy seeing patients progress! I like to give 110% in everything that I do and I am here to assist patients to improve.
CMTO, CTCMPAO, Registered Massage Therapist, Registered Acupuncturist
- Urva graduated from a three year college program and was registered in 2013.
- Uses Swedish techniques as a basis for each treatment whether it be relaxation, pain management or rehabilitation including sports related sprains/strains, cupping acupuncture, manual lymphatic drainage technique, pregnancy massage.
- Committed to continuing education and enhancing her practice with a variety of diverse treatment modalities.
Registered Massage Therapist
- Graduated from ICT Northumberland College with Honours
- Worked as RMT at Pickering Sports Medicine for over a decade
- Special courses in Sports Massage and Pregnancy massage
- Deep Tissue or Swedish Relaxation Techniques
- Continual study to improve critical thinking skills
- Ongoing study in recent relevant medical advances
- CPR and First Aid Instructor
We also have a Registered Dietitian and a Registered Social Worker,
who assess and treat our patients in the clinic upon request
Our Adminstrative Team Members
- Shawnalee is the backbone of our administrative team. She manages and coordinates all of the team’s schedules and completes all billing for the clinic and keeps all staff working in a coordinated fashion.
- She has a wealth of knowledge and is on top of the efficient running of the clinic.
- Shawnalee can assist you to find the answers to any aspect of your care.
Administrator and Personal Trainer
- Tammy is the first pleasant connection to all aspects of our clinic – especially scheduling appointments and answering patient questions. Our administrative team strives to give great customer service to our patients.
- She works tirelessly to be certain that our patients are satisfied with their experience in our clinic.
- Tammy is a certified personal trainer and can assist our therapists when needed.